2.13.2010

Chicken Wings Sloppy Joes

(Adapted from Rachel Ray)
When I made this I just put the chicken in the crockpot with a little bit of chicken broth for a few hours until I could shred it. Empty out water/broth (save one cup) and then I put the rest of the ingredients in the crock pot and let it cook for a few more hours until the veggies were soft ( I diced them really small so it didn’t take too long). The toasted buns are fabulous along with a little bit of white cheese....mmmmmm!
4 chicken breasts

Add the following:

2 grated carrots
1 or 2 ribs chopped celery (this is a 'hot wing recipe!!!)
1 med onion , chopped (optional)
1 garlic clove, chopped or dash of garlic salt

8 oz tomato sauce
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp Worcestershire
2 Tbsp vinegar
1/4 c hot sauce
1 c. chicken broth (Add this a little at a time until you reach your desired consistency

No comments:

Post a Comment