2.25.2010

The Best Cornbread

This is the best, most delicious, sweet, moist cornbread.



  • 1 Tbsp Oil
  • 1 cup milk (warm)
  • 1 egg (beaten)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
  • 1 cup flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
1.  Mix all ingredients.  Batter will be thin.
2.  Pour into 8x8 pan.  Bake 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees. (I had to go almost 35 minutes - check for a moist crumb.)

I think honey butter is a MUST for this.... so delicious!
*Can be easily doubled and cooked in a 9x13 pan.

1 comment:

  1. I'm always interested in new cornbread recipes, I just love it. One thing I tried recently was I ground popcorn in my wheat grinder. Even though I did it on 'course' setting it was much finer than traditional corn meal. I liked it.

    ReplyDelete