2.03.2009

One Month Menu with Grocery List...

***Anything with a star are ingredients I usually always have on hand

Tips that work for our family...I buy a 50 lb. box of Potatoes at our Stake Farm and I know that I always have potatoes on hand. I always buy my cheese in blocks and grate it on my own. I feel like it is more cost effective and lasts longer. I buy my canned soups at case lot sales so I always have them on hand and don't have to buy during my weekly/monthly trip to the grocery store. I always buy my meat when it goes on sale and keep it in an outdoor freezer. I always have the meat I need on hand for a few months at a time.

Week 1
1-Grilled Ham & Cheese with Tomato Soup
2-Baked Ziti, Cesar Salad, & Garlic Toast
3-Cream Cheese Chicken, Rice, and Steamed Broccoli
4-Left Overs
5-Roast, Mashed Potatoes, and Salad
6-Left Overs
7-Eat Out

Grocery List for Week One
2 Box Butter (usually last me the whole month)
Bread
Block of Colby Jack Cheese
1 Package Oscar Meyer Deli Sliced Ham
**1 Can Tomato Soup 
16 oz. Box Ziti Pasta
12 oz. Jimmy Dean Sausage
**1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce
1 Bag or Block Mozzarella Cheese
2-8 oz. Cream Cheese
16 oz. Heavy Whip Cream
**1 Bag or Bottle Parmesan Cheese (Sam's Club, I buy in the plastic bottle and freeze in one cup increments so I always have Parmesan cheese on hand)
1 Head Romaine Lettuce
1 Bag Croutons
1 Bottle Cesar Dressing
1 Box Garlic Toast (Sam's Club which last for whole month of meals)
**Rice 
1 Head of Broccoli
4 Chicken Breast
1 Chuck or Rump Roast
**Beef Bullion Cubes
**Bag of Potatoes
1 Tomato
1 Cucumber
1 Sour Cream
**Kitchen Bouquet
**1 Box Lipton Beefy Mushroom Soup Mix

Week 2
1-Cheeseburger Soup & Rhodes Bread Loaf
2-Spaghetti, Corn, & Garlic Toast
3-Turkey Burgers, Oven Fries, & Broccoli
4-Left Overs
5-Chicken Enchiladas, Chips & Salsa, Black Beans, (Sometimes I substitute Rice instead of Chips and Salsa.)
6-Left Overs
7-Eat Out

Grocery List for Week 2
1lb. Hamburger or Sausage
1 lb. Hamburger
1 lb. Ground Turkey Breast
1 Bunch Celery (I freeze my extra whenever I buy celery and I usually have some on hand in freezer)
1 bag shredded carrots (I freeze my extra carrots also)
16 oz. Velveeta
**2 cans chicken broth
1 Sour Cream (Probably have enough from week 1)
Bag with 5 Rhodes Bread Loaf
**Spaghetti Noodles
**3 cans tomato sauce
**1 can tomato paste
**Oregano 
**Basil
**Garlic Powder
**Vinegar
**Parsley Flakes
**Sugar
**Honey
**Chili Powder
**Lime Juice
**Johnny's Seasoning
**Extra Virgin Olive Oil
**Salad Supreme
1 bag Frozen Corn
1 onion
**Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
Block Monterrey Jack Cheese
1 Head Broccoli
1 Package Small Flour Tortillas
2 cans Mild Green Enchilada Sauce
Heavy Whip Cream (Should have enough from buying for the week before)
Block Pepper Jack Cheese
4 Chicken Breast
1 Bag Tortilla Chips
**1 jar Salsa
**1 Can Black Beans
**Potatoes (Should have enough from week before)

Week 3
1-Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup & Rhodes Bread Loaf
2-BBQ Pork Ribs, Baked Potatoes, & Green Beans
3-Left Overs
4-Teriyaki Chicken, Rice, Peas
5-Left Overs
6-Chicken Bread Braid
7-Eat Out

Grocery List for Week 3
10 Chicken Breast
**Chicken Bullion cubes
12 oz. Bag Frozen Egg Noodles
**3 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
**1 can Evaporated Milk
2 Rhodes Bread Loaf (Already have from week before)
**1 bottle Mr. Yoshida Original Sauce (I buy at Sam's Club and it lasts me a long time)
Shredded Carrots (Have in freezer from week before)
Celery (Have in freezer from week before)
**Rice
1 bag frozen peas
1 block cream cheese
**lemon juice
**Milk
**Potatoes
**Can of Green Beans
1 container Sour Cream
**Ketchup
**Dry Mustard
**Honey
**Liquid Smoke
**Brown Sugar

Week 4
1-Cheesy Potato Soup & Rhodes Bread Loaf
2-French Dip & Corn
3-Turkey Steaks, Oven Fries, & Green Beans
4-Left Overs
5-Little Cheddar Meat Loaves, Baked Potatoes, Salad
6-Left Overs
7-Eat Out

Grocery List for Week 4
1 Rhodes Bread Loaf (Already have from week before)
**3 cans chicken broth
**Potatoes
**Milk
**Bag Shredded Cheddar Cheese
16 oz. Heavy Whip Cream
**Bacon Bits (Sam's Club, In big bag and lasts a long time in my fridge)
1 Chuck or Rump Roast
**Soy Sauce
**Thyme
**Bay Leaf
**2 Cans Beef Broth
**Garlic Powder
**Peppercorns
**Rosemary
1 Bag of 6 Sub Rolls
Monterrey Cheese (Have from Previous shopping trip)
1 Bag Frozen Corn
Turkey Steaks (Maddox Turkey Steaks available at Sam's Club) 
**Mrs. Dash Seasoning
**Potatoes
**Can of Green Beans
1 lb. Hamburger
**Eggs
**Milk
**Cheddar Cheese (I use Colby or whatever kink I have on hand from when I bought the previous week)
1 onion
**Quick Oats
**Ketchup
**Brown Sugar
**Dry Mustard
1 Head Romaine Lettuce
1 Tomato
1 Cucumber

7 comments:

  1. this is GREAT! I am so happy you took the time to write this out. Thanks so much for sharing. I have been trying to get organized when it comes to grocery shopping/meal planning to try to take control over the grocery expenses....sometimes they get out of hand! How much do you spend on groceries in a typical months? do you mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I've tried planning a menu and grocercy shopping one week at a time, but I can't ever seem to stick with the plan.

    I like how you've designated at least one day a week to eat out and a few for left overs.

    Alright, I'm really gonna try doing this and sticking to it. Thanks Em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and... what is Kitchen Bouquet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kitchen Bouquet is a liquid seasoning I use when making roast and gravy, it is usually found by the BBQ sauce at the store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I go shopping for the whole month and just have to go back for bread and milk and some fresh produce I can do the whole month for 225. That is not with cleaning products and household products though. Just groceries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mindy turned me on to your blog, and I have to tell you, this list of yours is brilliant! I have recently tried to be very conscious about waste, and only buying what we need, this was a totally inspirational break down! And I cannot wait to try some of your delicious recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at you go girl. Do you do this EVERY month. How organized!!

    ReplyDelete