9.03.2010

Amber's Peach Salsa


Recipe from Amber Cragun



Peach Salsa
20-25 small peaches peeled and chopped
12 large tomatoes peeled and chopped
3 cups chopped sweet onion
4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped (I just used 1 small can)
3 red peppers (I used red and green)
1 cup finely chopped basil or cilantro
1 cup white vinegar
4-6 cloves garlic finely chopped
3 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
3 T. lime juice
salt and pepper to taste (I like a lot of pepper)
3 1/4 cups sugar
You could also add a package of pectin if you wanted it a little less soupy. I also added a couple of drained cans of chopped tomatoes because I like a lot of tomatoes. I boil everything for about 20-25 mins. and then place in warm jars with warm lids and set upside down until the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment