5.03.2010

Asian Chicken Kabobs




Marinade:
1/3 c. rice vinegar
2 Tbsp sesame oil
4 tsp soy sauce
1 c. pineapple juice concentrate (found it with the frozen juice concentrates)
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp fresh minced garlic

Kabobs:
2 small zucchinis
1/2 red onion
green or red bell pepper
1 lb chicken breasts
mushrooms

Combine marinade ingredients in a shallow baking dish and mix well. Place wooden skewers in water to soak 10 to 15 minutes.

Cut zuchinni and onions into 1" x 1" pieces and set aside. Cut chicken into 1-ounce cubes.

Alternately skewer vegetables and chicken.

Place kabobs in marinade, turning to coat evenly. Marinate covered for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.

Transfer kabobs to grill or broiler and discard marinade. Cook on medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.

Shelly's notes: We LOVED this marinade! I think next time I do this I will just use the marinade for chicken kabobs...and do something different for my veggie side dish. I just don't love veggies cooked kebab style!! But the marinade was delish and would be good for grilled chicken breasts too. I served this with Coconut Rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment