3.07.2014

Super Soft Sugar Cookies...

SOFT SUGAR COOKIES

1 cup butter
1 cup yogurt or sour cream (I use sour cream)
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
6 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

Combine butter, yogurt, or sour cream, sugar, eggs and vanilla and beat for 2 minutes.  Sift together flour 
(I never sift the flour) baking soda, and salt to creamed mixture.  Roll dough out and cut with cookie
cutters.  Bake in a 375 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes (My oven is hot so I only cook them 6 minutes)
or until lightly brown.  Do not overbake.  


BUTTER FROSTING

1/3 cup soft butter
3 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla or another extract (I love almond extract for cookies)
2 or 3 tablespoons milk
Food coloring if desired

Beat together with electric mixer until the texture and thickness you want.  

No comments:

Post a Comment