3.25.2009

Taco Soup II...

1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 can RoTel tomatoes, Cilantro with Lime style
1 can whole kernel corn
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 package taco seasoning (I start with about half a package and add up to the whole packet if I think it needs it)
1/2 - 1 package hidden valley ranch packet
1 16oz can black beans
1 16 oz. can Pinto Beans or Chili Beans
shredded cheese
sour cream
corn chips

Saute beef with onion till cooked in a large pot. Add tomatoes, drained corn, tomato sauce, taco seasoning, ranch seasoning and then drained and rinsed beans in that order (why, I have no idea, that's just what the original recipe said...). I sometimes have to add a half or a whole cup of water to get it to the consistency that I want. Simmer for one half hour or on low before serving. Top with shredded cheese, corn chips, sour cream, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment