8.10.2010

Raspberry Lemon Cupcakes...

I got the recipe from here

-1 box of your favorite moist WHITE cake mix. (it makes it easier than making them from scratch)
-6oz package of fresh raspberries.
Combine ingredients with the cake mix according to the instructions on the box. (oil, milk, eggs).
Take half of the raspberries and mash them slightly with a fork. Add to cake mixture and mix for 2 minutes. Divide in baking cups, and bake according to the instructions on the box (usually around 20 minutes at 350 F.

While the cupcakes are baking you can prepare the YUMMY Lemon Buttercream.
You'll need:
-2 1/2 cups icing sugar
-1/4 cup butter (room temp is best for mixing)
-1/2 cup "Fluff" marshmallow topping
-2 tbsp whipping cream
-1 or 2 drops yellow food color, for fun.
-zest of 1 lemon

Combine all ingredients and mix with electric mixer until smoooooth. You'll want to taste test.... for no other reason than pure enjoyment. :) **A little trick. If you have a tool for icing, with a rosette tip, it's best to put the icing in the fridge for 15 minutes so it thickens up a little.
**If you're not into lemons, try adding a few tbsp of raspberry puree, and omit the zest. (i've tried this with strawberries, and it's fabulous!)

Allow 10 or more minutes for the cupcakes to cool, before icing them (or the icing will melt, and run off!)

Top each cupcake with one beautiful raspberry.

***Emily's Findings...the raspberry flavor in the cupcakes was not strong enough for me. I think next time I will try some raspberry extract or add more raspberries. I had to double the frosting in order to have enough to pipe onto the cupcakes. Also the frosting was a little tricky for me to come together. I had to use more whipped cream then the recipe called for. The lemon flavor wasn't strong enough for me with just the zest. I added the juice of half a lemon. Next time I think I will try the juice of a 1/4 of a lemon and go from there.

2 comments:

  1. these were divine.... loved them! Very moist cupcake-- which I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To die for! I dream of this frosting in my sleep and wake up drooling! Ha ha! ;) YUM!

    ReplyDelete